Pick up applications in Mrs. Vertin’s office.
The Kansas American Legion offers 11 scholarships ranging from $500-$10,00 available to Kansas High School Students. A complete list of scholarships including eligibility rules and applications can be found at the following website:
Kenneth L. Short Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: April 4, 2014
“Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Community Service is a great way to get involved with your community, build your resume, and make connections that might benefit you in the future!
- Janice M. Scott Memorial Scholarship
Check out the link below for an overview on Grants and Scholarships, the different types, sources, and how to start!
Specific College/University & Vocational Scholarships
Highland Community College Foundations Scholarship
This prestigious award pays for Kansas tuition, fees, book rental, and campus housing.
Deadline: February 1, 2014
- a minimum of a 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- at least a 22 composite score on the ACT
- demonstrated leadership qualities
- a history of involvement in activities and service
- at least two areas of academic and/or performance interest
College Visit Days
If you would like to take a college visit day, please fill out a form in the office or download form using the below link. Seniors are allowed 2 college visit days and one job shadow day. Juniors are allowed 1 college visit day.
Federal Student Aid
Federal Student Aid Information and access to publications
- www.edpubs.gov is the ordering site that students and parents should visit to order single copies of our hard copy publications.
- www.studentaid.ed.gov/pubs offers student and parent oriented publications in PDF.
- Midwest Student Exchange Program is an easy way to save money on out-of-state tuition costs.
- Tuition reduced program
- Nearly 100 colleges and universities in Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin participate in this tuition reduced program.
- Want to learn more??? Visit http://msep.mhec.org
- Search for participating institutions and programs
- Learn about campus enrollment requirements
- Find campus-specific contact information
- Learn more about this money-saving program